Becoming a Volunteer @ SJA
Volunteering at St. Joan of Arc School is a fun and rewarding experience. With the help of volunteers, we accomplish great things. If you are interested in becoming a volunteer during the 2017-2018 school year, it is time to get the process started!
Volunteers are asked to complete the requirements stipulated by the Youth Protection Program of the Diocese of Harrisburg which include:
- PA State Police (PSP) http://www.psp.pa.gov/pages/request-a-criminal-history-record.aspx
- PA Child Abuse (DHS) https://www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis/public/home
- FBI (Fingerprints) [only required if you have not lived in PA for the past 10 years]http://www.pa.cogentid.com/index.htm
- Adult unpaid disclosure statement http://www.thsrocks.us/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Adult-Unpaid-Position-Disclosure-Statement-Oct-2015.pdf
- On-line training [3 hours] https://safeyouth.hbgdiocese.org/
Note: If you started the process previously and have not received a badge, please contact Heather Collins in the school office by e-mailing email@example.com to verify your status. Only approved individuals are eligible to volunteer.